My old Hegner stopped running

I got an Hegner multicast 1 from 1996. It has mostly collected dust, but today I wanted to create something for my grandson's confirmation. I had made all internal cuts but one. I stopped the saw, did the normal procedure when changing to a new entry hole. I pressed the power button, and nothing happened.  It seems like there is a fuse that popped, but I can't find it. Is there anyone here that have more knowledge about these machines?

I have a Hegner, but have not had to work on it (yet). First thing I would do is take apart the on/off switch cover and blow it out real good.. Is it variable speed?  If it is not the dirty switch thing, then I would not hesitate to call Advance Machinery and ask.  They are very helpful whether you bought the saw from them or not.  I do not know of any fuses in a Hegner, but I could be wrong.

First is to start with the basics.. like... is it plugged in good to the wall and does the wall outlet have power.. Are you using a foot switch? maybe that is bad.. try bypassing the foot switch.. I'm not up on the Hegners or even electrical stuff so I don't know much about diagnosis but I think I've read in the past about these having start capacitors or something? Actually think I seen them in the parts list the other day while researching something else.  

I don't know but please let us all know what you find out and hopefully it's nothing major.