Wilderness Cabin

heppnerguy

13 hours ago, Dak0ta52 said:

I love pieces like this. Outstanding job Dick. It reminds me of some of Jim Blume's American series in the Village library. I'm still working on that series but a couple other projects jumped ahead at the request from the wife.

My wife's request always comes first too. I am planning on cutting some of Jim Blumes patterns in the near future also. He most often places a lot of challenge within his patterns and I now enjoy the challenges awaiting in fret patterns.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 2/26/2023 at 4:02 AM, flarud said:

Really nice!  There are a few like this that I would like to cut.  I may have to try this one.  

Go for it. It is an interesting  project to cut. It took more time and effort then i thought it would but I am OK with the outcome.

Dick

heppnerguy

Edited by heppnerguy
corrected comment

Very well done, Dick. I love scenery patterns like this one, and you sure did it justice. May I be so presumptuous as to make a minor recommendation? I have had the same problem of the black background reflecting light when photographed. So now I back my pieces with black felt which I buy at Walmart and at Hobby Lobby for about 35 cents a piece. 

17 hours ago, flarud said:

Did you use a spiral anywhere on it?  

No I used a #3 Pegas MG rev blade one. That is my 'go to' for almost all my projects. I rarely use anything else anymore. I did use a spiral one the window as the other cuts would have been too small to see

Dick

heppnerguy

Edited by heppnerguy