need help with Dewalt scrollsaw

heppnerguy

all of a sudden I can not get the desired tension on my saw blades.. I disassembled my saw and everything seemed to be working just fine...I lubed the sliding mechanism in the rear of the saw the makes the adjustment..everything appears to be functioning but still, I can not get the proper tension....I reassembled the saw and I am looking for some suggestions...anyone out there, that might have a suggestion for me??

I am sure that my blades are not slipping...my quess at this time might be that the part inside the saw, that slides forward because of the action of the tension rod, my be worn a little...or perhaps the tension selector or the bushing might be worn some...not sure..anyone else experienced those problems..I have torn my saw apart 4 times trying to figure this out.....thanks for the suggests...I will take a further look at the suggested possibilities just to make sure though...thanks for your help so far......will let you know if that helps..or solves my problems.

I went to the web sight that Mick suggested and I found a lot of really good information, including the tip from Wolfmoon and I am going to try some of them....I do not pretend or imply that I know everything about this saw, but I found out there is a lot more that I do not know than I thought I understood at the beginning of my first post...thanks again guys for your help. A wonderful group of people here

Thanks to WolfmoonCT and Mick and qlty fro responding to my help request...I got a good education on the suggested web sight....I decided that I would also try the above suggestion about the slipping blade holders, even though I felt sure that was not happening..I scuffed them up and re-centered them in their holding screw and BINGO, I got enough tension that I was happily scrolling away this afternoon and made my bride a Valentines gift. I had to eat some crow, but I am happy that I listened to your advice and challenged what I thought I already knew..