I finally did it! YAY!

new2woodwrk

LOL, I'm almost giddy about it but I finally made an outfeed "table" for my table saw.

I've been putting this off for years now, mostly because I wasn't sure how I wanted to make it, and I didn't want to drill holes into my table saw - heck the thing cost $500 and I'm NOT going to drill holes in it!

I also don't have any more room for more carts in the shop.

BUT, I had an epiphany... I have a cart that I have a small pancake compressor on but I never added the handle. I also had a table top I made for the trailer which I only used once.

Put 1 unfinished cart + 1 unused table top + 1 clamp and VOILA!!! I have a rolling outfeed table on the compressor cart!

And best of all it just so happens to be 1/16" below the edge of my table saw LOL - too much!

Here are a few pics - sorry for they blurry, not sure why I can't take decent pics anymore - must be my shaking hands

Outfeed-4.thumb.jpg.f33860f3e6de52a65197947f76f3466d.jpg

Outfeed-5.thumb.jpg.8f88b4f7b6276b08cc64b09c4f571260.jpg

Thanks as always in advance for reading

Edited by new2woodwrk

Took me three tries to get a outfeed table I am real happy with.  the first on was attached and I made an adjustable leg to hold it up.  It was okay but cumbersome.  The second was a table that I could roll to the back of the saw when needed, only problem with that, the table was always covered with stuff, because it was also my work table.  So I am back to an attached one the I can raise and lower, this time I used collapsible shelf brackets to attach it with They work great, not expensive and rated for several hundred pounds so plenty strong enough. 

You will like yours.  make a table saw a lot safer when cutting long stuff.

2 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

My Shopsmiths don't lend themselves to infeed or outfeed tables🙄 so, roller stands it is. I love my 'smiths but, sometimes they're a royal PITA. 

At one time, I thought about a ShopSmith but after seeing how much trouble it is to use each piece, I decided I don't have the patience. My hat's off to you folks who are able to do it.

I always wanted a shop smith,  had an uncle that had one, never saw him use it.  I have a friend that has one, has had it for years.. He has a beautiful shop, big, like 30 x 50. and that shop smith looked pretty funny sitting in the middle. But he loves it, I think he has since move on to other tools.  He is a turner, and an artist at it.  Has a huge lathe.  My problem with the shop smith is I am not organized enough to have one. You have to be able to schedule you work so you are not always having to stop and set things up for the next phase of a project.  Cut everything that needs to be cut on the table saw then drill everything that needs to be drill, etc, etc... I am just too unorganized for that type of wood working.