Wooden Shapes Puzzle for my little boy

What an excellent idea, and great execution. I love the simplicity and elegance of it.

I just had an idea, that you can do a series of these. Shapes as you have, but also do: Letters, animals, fruits/vegetables, vehicles, even states and countries.  The possibilities are endless.

Below is one of my designs, that I executed on my laser as a proof of concept.  This could also be cut via scroll saw, as each letter you have a little knockout for your finger, this is where you could drill your pilot hole for the pierce cutting. The only thing with mine is I also included different images to go with each letter.

The puzzle below is going to be a gift for a friend of mine in Taiwan for his daughter.  I met him when I was working with the Taiwanese Army over a 5-year period, and he was my translator the first two times I was in-country.  He of course is teaching his 3 y/o English, so I designed this to send him. 

Can anyone guess the "Y"?

letters.jpg

Edited by rafairchild2

On 5/16/2023 at 5:48 AM, rafairchild2 said:

What an excellent idea, and great execution. I love the simplicity and elegance of it.

I just had an idea, that you can do a series of these. Shapes as you have, but also do: Letters, animals, fruits/vegetables, vehicles, even states and countries.  The possibilities are endless.

Below is one of my designs, that I executed on my laser as a proof of concept.  This could also be cut via scroll saw, as each letter you have a little knockout for your finger, this is where you could drill your pilot hole for the pierce cutting. The only thing with mine is I also included different images to go with each letter.

The puzzle below is going to be a gift for a friend of mine in Taiwan for his daughter.  I met him when I was working with the Taiwanese Army over a 5-year period, and he was my translator the first two times I was in-country.  He of course is teaching his 3 y/o English, so I designed this to send him. 

Can anyone guess the "Y"?

letters.jpg

I have no idea about the Y - what is it?  Nice design.