Finally made the purchase

Congratulation.  If it lives up to it's reputation as being the same as the Excalibur line from Taiwan I am sure you will love it.

Steve Good stated the 95% of his patterns will fit the 16 inch and there are always ways around this if you ever have something larger. 

Good cutting.

I bought the same saw about a year and a half ago and couldn't be happier. I had a Delta P-20 that I bought somewhere about 2003ish, When I wanted something a bit smaller for traveling I looked long and hard at all the top saws out there. I asked a ton of questions here and finally pulled the trigger on the King 16" and like I said I couldn't be happier.  You will need to set it up and adjust the motor to take out the vibration, after I did that mine runs smooth without being bolted to the bench. You'll need to fine the sweet spot for speed, but when you do you'll love it. I learned about the set up from the guys here, tone of knowledge here, just ask.

I pulled off all the vac stuff under the table, it just got in the way for me.

Chris

You will love that saw. And as for size most of us will never need anything bigger. I've been scrolling since 2011 and haven't needed anything with more capacity.

I have no idea why this is all underlined. I did not turn on underlining. HELP!

Edited by OCtoolguy

Hummm.  @OCtoolguy You told me once you like to be hassled so here goes.  I worry about you,  do not know how to click on the highlighted U above to turn off the underlining, which you probable turned on by hitting the right multiple keys at the same time that doe it...I do it all the time and here goes,  you are getting rid of a scroll saw, which is bad enough, but it is for the purpose of needing more room... so you get rid of the smaller one?!  Okay, had my digs for he day,,,, let me have it I can take it!😜

Edited by Scrappile

19 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Hummm.  @OCtoolguy You told me once you like to be hassled so here goes.  I worry about you,  do not know how to click on the highlighted U above to turn off the underlining, which you probable turned on by hitting the right multiple keys at the same time that doe it...I do it all the time and here goes,  you are getting rid of a scroll saw, which is bad enough, but it is for the purpose of needing more room... so you get rid of the smaller one?!  Okay, had my digs for he day,,,, let me have it I can take it!😜

Thanks, I think? I am sure I never turned on underlining because I NEVER use it. So, if there was a key combo I don't know what it is. As to my needing space, what woodworker, other than Dave Monk, do you know who doesn't need more space? I want to free up some wall space so I can mount a bench grinder on the wall and have my spindle sander right under it. Maybe one of those rotating cabinets so that I can also have my planer more useable. Who knows? At this point, I'm lucky to find time to go out there anyway. My wife has a list of crap for me to do all the time so I'm booked up through Thanksgiving Day.