its been a while

mikesscrollsaw

I havnt' been on this site in a while, and my scrollsawing has slowed way down too :sad:

I'm currently going back to school, getting my masters :cry: so i havn't had as much time to be in the wood shop. However for the last several month, I've been working on an original piece. I used to be in the military, and was an Apache helicopter pilot. I've always wanted a large scale model of the helicopter but from what I can tell, no one makes one.

After doing the train from finescrollsaw.com, I decided to try my hand at making my own large scale helicopter. with limited time I do very little at a time. LIke I said I've been working on this for several months now and it will probably be at least several more before it's complete. however I've got some pretty good progress thus far and wanted to share.

I am using a 1/72 scale plastic model of the helicopter and a dial caliper to measure and recreate in teh computer the patterns. I'm using inkscape.

f382e28b.jpg

b34c268d.jpg

fa0563a5.jpg

Thanks, IF I did another one there are some things I would do different but all in all I'm happy with it.

Unfortunately pictures never seem

To do it justice though!

I posted it on my Facebook and some asked me how much....I told em $600 + shipping thinking they'd say no way, he said cool and asked when I'd be making another.

Maybe I'll have to make another for money. I hope so that would go along way to upgrade some stuff in the shop.

Mike