Craft fair

Docupton

Good luck Doc. I was, where you are, 3 years ago. I enjoy making sawdust more than selling my crafted items but it is very encouraging to hear what folks say about your efforts. Selling requires that you interact with the potential buyers. You need to speak with all the lookers. Just a nice "good morning" will do wonders for sales and will make the whole experience more fun. My attitude is: I sell my stuff just so that I can make more and not just throw it out. I eventualy got a credit card machine, last year, and it doubled my sales.

I hear ya doc. I was the same way. My wife made me do a craft show to pay for my addiction and it was a lot more fun than I thought. Most folks are friendly and if you give them a "good morning", they will eye your goods a little longer...and maybe buy. When I started getting customers that actually looked for my booth, it put me on cloud 9. At that point, the money just became an after thought (sort of).

Good luck and just have fun!

+1Doc one word of advice talk to the folks on the other side of the table. Just talk to them. If they ask how in the world you made something - tell them. You will be surprised to find out that the majority of the time if you have a good assortment that it will sell themselves practically. Be friendly and above all have fun. They will pass by if they perceive that the person behind the table is unfriendly.

DW

One item I have found to often pay for my booth fee is a NAME SIGN.

I also have a 3x5 card stating "YES! We Make Name Signs."

A sample such as "The SMITH'S" shows what you can do and that frequent name will often sell off your table. "The JONES" also sells readily.

I cut mine from ceder fencing and use Finnish Birch backing.

My normal charge is $2 per letter or symbol (i.e. cactus, logo, etc.) plus $15 material.

You can get $3 per letter too.

Add shipping if you have to mail it.

John

Old Dust