My second picture - My other daughter's wedding silhouette

MarieC

3 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Absolutely beautiful.   You can see where they were maried in the bacground.

Since you do not include,names, dates or location on the front, I hope you put that info on the back with your signature and date of creation.   Gotta think long time into the future when sombody else may be looking at it.

Frank, thank you!  I really think your work is amazing so thank your for the compliment....Wow, I had never thought of putting any of that information on the back but your make a very good point...Looks like I had better buy a wood burning tool so I can scribe that info on the back.  Do you have any recommendations?

41 minutes ago, Charlie E said:

Beautiful job, Marie! Your work is definitely one of a kind!

Charlie, thanks so very much!  I appreciate your support and you really motivate me to do better.  I am still very slow...I think I have done two pictures to your 15 or more!  Someday I may get quicker.  Now, as you well know, life keeps getting in the way of our scrolling.... Alas, I promised my husband that I would make mirrored medicine cabinets for our bathroom so I will have to take a pause on my scroll sawing for a bit.  Maybe I will try to do a little scrolling in the evening. :) 

First off Marie, that's a very beautiful piece.  What a wonderful wedding gift that will be treasured forever.

I don't want to hijack your thread so feel free to respond to me via message.  I did a few searches, but am striking out looking for more information about @Dave Monk technique used to "raise the vines out of the wood".  I'd like to learn more.  Could you or Dave point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Again, awesome work!

Danny

4 minutes ago, MarieC said:

Charlie, thanks so very much!  I appreciate your support and you really motivate me to do better.  I am still very slow...I think I have done two pictures to your 15 or more!  Someday I may get quicker.  Now, as you well know, life keeps getting in the way of our scrolling.... Alas, I promised my husband that I would make mirrored medicine cabinets for our bathroom so I will have to take a pause on my scroll sawing for a bit.  Maybe I will try to do a little scrolling in the evening. :) 

Well, there's no comparison to the amount of work that goes into one of yours and one of mine. The detail in your work is phenomenal.  I haven't done much scrolling lately. We took a trip to the Smoky Mountains, plus I started watching Breaking Bad and got so hooked on it I watched all 5 seasons in about 2 weeks. :) 

9 minutes ago, TorinoDan said:

I don't want to hijack your thread so feel free to respond to me via message.  I did a few searches, but am striking out looking for more information about @Dave Monk technique used to "raise the vines out of the wood".  I'd like to learn more.  Could you or Dave point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Again, awesome work!

Danny

Danny, Thank you for your kind words....Regarding Dave's creative way of doing things, I used the inlay tutorial that Dave posted in the resource section (I think he has made some changes to this technique).:  And below is a link to how he did the "embossing" of wood designs (lift a tree out of the wood)  Be sure to read the entire thread.   I needed to practice a few times before I got it....

15 hours ago, MarieC said:

Frank, thank you!  I really think your work is amazing so thank your for the compliment....Wow, I had never thought of putting any of that information on the back but your make a very good point...Looks like I had better buy a wood burning tool so I can scribe that info on the back.  Do you have any recommendations?

You can get a inexpensive burning tool at any craft store if only to be used occasionally

If back is still unfinished you could just sand smooth, write all pertinent info in pen and then apply a protetive coat of clear lacquer or poly.  If wood is dark use a white ink pen.

11 hours ago, wombatie said:

WOW an absolutely awesome piece of art.  I am in awes of your work.  It doesn't matter how slow or how fast you work, the only one you are competing against is yourself.

Marg

Marg, thank you so much....my biggest problem is I am too much of a perfectionist so I am constantly redoing things which of course takes a lot longer...but I do really like this type of wood art.  thanks again!