First Piece(s) from the new Pegas

Dak0ta52

Great job on both.  The HOG hits close to home as I ride a HD Street Glide and have cut a few MC patterns a while ago.  Wish I  could find a good pattern of a Batwing Fairing Glide to cut.

In reference to your comment about using FD 3/0 spiral.  I have tried them and found that they aren't any smaller than the pegas 2/0.  In fact the resulting cut is, to my eyes, actualy wider.  

Enjoy the new saw.

1 hour ago, FrankEV said:

Great job on both.  The HOG hits close to home as I ride a HD Street Glide and have cut a few MC patterns a while ago.  Wish I  could find a good pattern of a Batwing Fairing Glide to cut.

In reference to your comment about using FD 3/0 spiral.  I have tried them and found that they aren't any smaller than the pegas 2/0.  In fact the resulting cut is, to my eyes, actualy wider.  

Enjoy the new saw.

.027 The size listed for Pegas 2/0 spiral blades at Bear Woods and Klingspor

.024 The size of the Flying Dutchman 3/0 spiral blades at Bear Woods and Mikes Workshop

.0236 The size of the Pegas 2/0 spiral blades at Artcrafters

I find it interesting the the Pegas has two different dimensions for the same blade ( probably different production runs ).

Sorry, my CDO ( Compulsive Disorder, Obsessive; this way the letters are in alphabetical order, As They Should Be )  kicked in.

That cutting of the Motorcycle is definitely a lesson in precision cutting.  Beautiful job.  The puppy, very well cut also.  But wow that bike looks like it is coming right out of the picture. 

Not to be argumentative, well , maybe a little, but of the blades I have the 3/0 is a little smaller than than the 2/0 and not as brittle, does not break as easy.   But I like and use them both.

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

That cutting of the Motorcycle is definitely a lesson in precision cutting.  Beautiful job.  The puppy, very well cut also.  But wow that bike looks like it is coming right out of the picture. 

Not to be argumentative, well , maybe a little, but of the blades I have the 3/0 is a little smaller than than the 2/0 and not as brittle, does not break as easy.   But I like and use them both.

Unfortunately I found the 2/0 Pegas and 3/0 Flying Dutchman to be the opposite. HOWEVER, I can't really blame the blade. The packaging on the 3/0 spirals was not anything like Denny from Artcraftersonline would have done. When I received them, they had been bent, folded, somewhere throughout their trip in the USPS. I ordered 3-dozen and probably broke a dozen within the first few minutes of their use.

Edited by Dak0ta52

12 hours ago, preprius said:

nice looking bike.

The fins on the cyclinder look nice and even.

Good piece.

Yes, the motor fins were probably the most difficult. That and the front wheel. The cuts were very thin with only a narrow strip between cuts... hince the 3/0 spirals. I couldn't imagine trying to cut those with a straight blade. I did use a straight blade on the narrow cuts such as those along the tail pipe and windshield.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

I bet  you are loving that  new saw a lot. You certainly produced a couple of beautifully done projects with it

Dick

heppnerguy

Thanks Dick. Yes, I'm loving it. Took me a little time to get it set up the way I like... upper arm tension, blade centering on the table, changing blades technique. I can't believe how little tension it takes to hold the blade without slipping in the Pegas chucks. Way different than the WEN I was use to.

16 hours ago, Dak0ta52 said:

Thanks Dick. Yes, I'm loving it. Took me a little time to get it set up the way I like... upper arm tension, blade centering on the table, changing blades technique. I can't believe how little tension it takes to hold the blade without slipping in the Pegas chucks. Way different than the WEN I was use to.

And the biggest remedy for blade slippage is as simple as changing the inserts on all the clamp holders as soon as one starts getting the slippage problem. Most people use the sanding method to keep the blade from slipping but after a short time it begins to happen again. Then it is tightening the thumb screw more along with sanding. Pretty soon, it is "the stupid saw I have." Changing the inserts on the clamps as soon as the slippage start, (approximately every six months), is a much better way to remedy this problem and prevents the need to replace the clamps themselves.  You will find this method should result in the same small amount of pressure needed to hold the blade without slippage.

Dick

heppnerguy