Setup of Delta 40-560 Type II

telemorris

Hi,

I'm a newbie fixing up my first scroll saw. I'm going to use it for musical instrument making. I just purchased a used Delta 40-560 and have been working on maintenance before using it. I've got one problem that I need advice on.

The lower blade clamp does not pivot freely. I've oiled it and am now able to get some movement out of it but it doesn't move with the blade as the blade goes up and down. As a result the bottom of the blade moves into and out of the cut more than does the upper blade clamp which seems wrong. Is this expected behavior? If not, how to I remove the pin that holds the clamp and get it moving freely?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi ED, i've used a c-clamp and a b.b,to push out the roll pin on some deltas i've repaired and modified.Also a nail punch can be used but the parts need to be secured so they don't move and bend or break while taping.A sharpend chain breaker could be modified to do the job too but all ways short of the factory ways are a bit touchy but with inginuity you could find a way . Hope this inspires you to find a way to drive that stuck roll pin out.Best to leave it in and try liquild wrench or transmission fluid and save all the anguish of all the other ways of getting the job done .good luck .Someone else will chime in soon with a differant veiw of gettin er done so hang in there.These are ways i've done it.thanks for joining too.! :)