Getting back in to it

Eplfan2011

This was something I started earlier in the year before I stopped for the summer.

Unfortunately I can't credit the designer as my old computer died and I don't have the files anymore.

There's lots of delamination happening and I kind of struggled with this a lot since starting and have to blame the  poor quality batch of BB I bought, there's not a lot left and I'll be looking for a new supplier to buy another batch from soon that said it is what it is.

There wasn't a lot left to cut so I decided to finish it off. I don't know if it's worth trying to sand it and clean it up a bit but Ill throw it on the finishing pile.

20231010_091208.jpg

You may want to try painting with water color. That will hide a lot of the delamination. I've done that on some of my pieces. I've stopped buying Birch from box stores. Their Birch isn't Baltic Birch and has voids as well as a thin veneer which causes it to delaminate. I purchased some Baltic Birch from Ocooch Hardwood and haven't had a problem with a single piece.

By the way, you piece looks good to me.

2 hours ago, Dak0ta52 said:

You may want to try painting with water color. That will hide a lot of the delamination. I've done that on some of my pieces. I've stopped buying Birch from box stores. Their Birch isn't Baltic Birch and has voids as well as a thin veneer which causes it to delaminate. I purchased some Baltic Birch from Ocooch Hardwood and haven't had a problem with a single piece.

By the way, you piece looks good to me.

Thanks

I did think about painting it, I do have some acrylic that paints similar to water color.  I've been wanting to try it out after I saw your tractor cutting 6 months ago, but summer happened !

I bought the BB sight unseen from Amazon. It was advertised as grade A BB but it has a very thin face layer, unfortunately that's the problem but I've found no voids.

11 hours ago, Wichman said:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4674473

I think this is it. :)

I open the image and then right click on it and use search for image on Google. :)

Thanks Wichman, Lazy me didn't think to do a reverse image search, thanks for clearing that up!!

11 hours ago, Wichman said:

Edited by Eplfan2011

11 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Humm,,, I think your coloring is "outstanding".  Just a note this reminded me of a bit of trivia  Today 10/13 Is the Navy Birthday, and also National "No Bra Day".  Do you think that is a coincidence?

Okay, sorry I will go to my room now.

Scrappile, thanks!!

I may have to go to my room too! 🤣🤣