Another Christmas cut

Eplfan2011

Steve good Christmas tree.

Back to basics trying to improve my basic skills,straight lines,smooth curves, sharp points and stuff like that.

I've been cutting a lot of fretwork stuff and it's easier to hide your mistakes in the abstract arrangement of holes.

I've had a lot of people asking me for Christmas stuff (including her who must be obeyed ) so I'm going to take the opportunity to try to improve this part of my skillset. I'm not happy with this cut but it will paint up ok....practice practice practice

20231017_100452.thumb.jpg.50cdff476857640678f37b7709aaac61.jpg

46 minutes ago, rafairchild2 said:

Try thicker wood, you might find the added thickness helps with control.  You could always stack thin wood too.

Rafairchild2, thanks!

That's my plan actually I've only got a few pieces of this 1/4 BB left and next time I'll try and find some better quality stuff. I've got some hardwood in the garage that needs planing up but I've yet to get round to it 🤷

24 minutes ago, jerry walters said:

Here lately I have seen quite a few posts of scrollers not happy with the result. I don't know about you, but I wish I could cut wood like most or you do. I wold be estatic if I could cut that well.

Jerry

Jerry, I'm pretty new at this and I totally agree with you with the amount of talent on show here. It's a double edged sword always encouraging me to try to raise my standards.

Don't take my complaints the wrong way, I really am enjoying my scrollsaw journey, but like anything else practice is required. I'm making silly mistakes and need to slow down and work on my accuracy.