A total of 2 hours scroll saw experience

Havinago

Hi all

Have done my introduction post on the intro section of the forum but thought I would post here too...

I got my very first scroll saw yesterday and spent all of yesterday playing with the various screws knobs and learning to change blades etc (did not even turn the saw on yesterday)

Today I decided I would turn the saw on for the first time as I have not really ever used a scroll saw before but had a 5 min go of the father in laws one a few months back...

Well I started off tracing around a cup, my iphone, and other small items and had a go at cutting out various shapes lines and curves etc...

I then found a rabbit decoration in the house from easter so traced around that and also found a micky mouse stencil in my partners scrap book folder so traced that too and had a go at cutting them out...

So having all of about 2 hours experience with a scroll saw here is my first 2 attempts.... I do not own the patters nor do I intend to sell items like this as I am aware of copyright :)

Thank you both for your kind and encouraging words... Really appreciated.

I certainly think that tracing around cups and shapes around the house and then cutting them out really helped me get a better understanding of how to rotate and move the wood to get the desired curves..

The main thing is that I enjoyed just tinkering around with the saw...

Wish I had of gotten into this sooner!

Well Done!!! Its a good thing to really get to know your machine before you start and it sounds like that's just what you've done. Drawing around household objects then having a go at cutting them out was a great idea - one I'm sure any newcomers would do well to try.

Looking forward to seeing what's to come.

H.