Should have modified the pattern

jimmyG

After being satisfies with the second attempt of this SG pattern, I wish I paid more attention to the pattern.
The example in the picture of (not mine) finished product shows more space at the bottom under the circles.
After cutting mine I didn't like how close those circles were to the bottom but that was how the pattern looked.
Probably not a big deal but wish I had noticed so I could have easily left as much space as I wanted if I had just modified the pattern.
Lesson learned I guess.   Anyone modify someone else's patterns??

Image5.jpg

I modify patterns all the time. Sometimes size, sometimes other things.

Rose with a name, added custom names, then added dohickys to bridge the letters in a decorative way ( I've used hearts, butterflies and rubber ducks so far).

The double lidded basket and the vanity tray I added pining the mortise and tenon joints.  The small open basket I lengthened the square tenon so I could pin them and added a bottom.

The fancy "welcome sign" I modified the size to fit the wood I had. I use the program "Big Print" to modify pattern sizes, with this program I can pick a particular spot on the pattern and resize it to a specific size ( say 5" wide to 4 1/2" wide, which is what I did with the Welcome sign )

The dresser mirror I added an additional overlay on the backside, used #2 screws to attach the front overlay, added a piece of glass to the back. Now instead of just a mirror, it has an oval picture frame in the back, just flip back an forth between the picture and the mirror

Back in the day, I used a copy machine to make a giant feather for my mom, as big as would fit on an 11 x 17" piece of paper, added the eagle/buffalo/shaman figure in the middle of the feather.

On and On and  :)