Mushroom Fairy Plug In Night Light Shade

FrankEV

OK, Things worked this time. 

A Steve Good pattern that I reduced down to 3 1/2" w x 4" h.  The two side were an easly stack cut using Pegas #2/0 spiral blades.    All 5/32" Maple solid core ply from my cut-offs pile.  I like the slightly smaller overall width.  I feel it just looks nicer.

By mitering all the pieces and using tape, so they can be folded up together, the joints glued up nicely using Titebond III.

I was able to include with the cut panel pattern, a pattern for the base with the necessary cut out to suit the clip for the night light attachment.  The pattern is already posted in Pattern Exchange

No paint this time, just multiple coats of clear Gloss Lacquer before gluig in the clip and translucent acrylic sheets with AC Glue.

These close up pics make the vertical joint and the surfaces look bad, but in real life, they do not look bad at all, especially when viewed from more than just a few inches.

MushroomFairyNitelight3.thumb.JPG.974f616d627ba42f49e2e8f91c16e2d5.JPG

Unlit

MushroomFairyNitelight5.thumb.JPG.1aa3f2deff1b2d0b45f78bee05aa9405.JPG

Lit

MushroomFairyNitelight1.thumb.JPG.57a6eeb848d50a008664f24736ce15cb.JPG

Bottom

MushroomFairyNitelight2.thumb.JPG.dae157f2fed451ca2c2342c60f8991e0.JPG

Inside

As always, Comments and Critiques welcome.

I have one more light with a clip.  Thinking a nautical scene would be appropriate for that one.

Edited by FrankEV