Patterns

Docupton

I have now come to the conclusion that there are some very talented and patient people on this site. I have practised pattern making with Gimp and made a couple that just creep into the OK catagory. But recently a friend asked me to do a portrait of his two (grown up) kids, to make a pattern that has to have a good likness is proving to be very difficult, although i will be charging him mates rates i might have to add a few boxes of Asprin to the bill, if i ever succeed that is. So to all you pattern makers out there I award you a gold medal and hope that one day i may get close to your skills. I'll let you know how i get on.

Pattern-making is like anything else, the more you do the easier it gets. Think back to when you first started scrolling. If you are anything like me, the first projects are pretty embarrassing. But after you get a few projects under your belt, it becomes second nature.

Feel free to post your pattern in progress if you'd like some feedback or get stuck in a certain area. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :thumbs:

I would love to see them.... I am not doing my own patterns as yet but am having a blast with patterns I find in the pattern section here and on the net... I have borrowed bits out of various patterns and put them all together to make a single project tho.... I am also finidng after 2 weeks I am getting braver at the projects I am doing.... I have done word art mainly but have just finished my first portrait and am now addicted to portraits (odd as portraits were something I was least interested in doing when I thought about getting a saw but now love them)

Hope to see your patterns in progress soon DOC :-)