Wooden Teddy Bear Free Monthly Ornament

kmmcrafts

Not sure why I haven't posted this before.. Just in case you didn't know if you sign up for their newsletter email they give out a free ornament pattern every month.. sometimes they are a pretty basic ornament while other times they have some pretty nice ones.. This is a screen capture of this months ornament they just emailed me today.. You likely wouldn't get this one if you sign up now but it might be worth it for a free 12 ornament patterns every year.. Most I've never used as they are not my style but someone here might like them.. 

To sign up just go to their site and a screen pops up to subscribe... 

https://woodenteddybear.com/

Wooden Teddybear.png

Fortunately, I'm never done with ornaments, LOL.. they are my favorite to make and I make them all year long.. That said.. I do get burn out on making certain ones that tend to have a lot of inside cuts and people buy them like crazy. I made 50 to have in inventory and sold through them before November.. so I've cut a batch Stack cutting 5 at a time 4 ornaments to a blank making 20 in a batch.. I've done made 4 more batches since then and I just sold out again last night.. Making another batch this morning.. so yeah, I'm getting tired of cutting that one style.. But this last batch will get me through the rest of this year I believe as things should be winding down soon.. I'll take a break from sawing and do my bookkeeping / tax prep and by the time that's all done I'll be ready to hit the saw for next years inventory.. 

Arpop was a member of the same group I belonged to that had to close down because people wouldn't stop posting copy written patterns.  I believe Arpop has since retired from making patterns.  You can find most of his pattern on Pinterest or by googling Arpop.

Like Kevin, I do ornaments year round.  I make some for each holiday with Halloween and Christmas as my favorites.  I will take simple patterns I like and convert them into ornaments or refrigerator magnets.  

1 hour ago, barb.j.enders said:

Maybe that is why you can't get anywhere on the link in the resources page here.  

I had his site bookmarked but then all of a sudden it quit working.. Then someone mentioned he made it a private site or something and you had to sign up to gain access to the site or something.. somehow I was able to get back in for a while but it stopped working so I haven't been on there in a long time.. I have many of the patterns and made many of them.. just be nice to go back and see what all is there again but it's kind of a hassle trying to get access too.. Maybe he has opened it back up now.. I think people were selling his patterns or something so he made it members only.. or something.. don't remember the details now.. Maybe I'll try google search and see if I can get on the site again.

On 12/15/2023 at 12:48 PM, rjweb said:

Kevin, just wondering what is this one ornament that sells out, and you have to keeping making more, RJ

The woodworker and his dog one.. I sold out again yesterday and I'm tired of making it so I relisted it as made to order and 15 days before it would be in the mail.. Still have 15 people having it in their shopping cart, lol .. This is just on Etsy.. I also have them on Amazon so that's kind of a double whammy... It's not hard to make but it does have all the small cutouts for the tablesaw that just annoys me to do so many of..  

Etsy.png

11 minutes ago, BadBob said:

I posted the Woodworker And His Dog Ornament in a Shopsmith group because the tool looks like a Shopsmith. Some of this may be coming from there.

Well it was the same way the last two + years for this one so I don't know when you posted it but most buyers are buying as small gifts for woodworker family and friends.. I get a gazillion request for different dog breeds.. which I do most of the request.. it's fairly easy in inkscape to place a silhouette of prefered dog breed and stack cutting has benefitted me because many have asked for the same dog breeds, LOL Still have some Labrador and Shepherds in stock.. but sold out of the original design. 

I get a lot of request for engraving on the woodworker one. Flight nurse, painter one and this shooting range one. So to make space to do so I modify the patterns with the spot below like this one. Then engrave it upon request. I do not offer engraving but when asked I do them until I get too busy to do them. 

IMG_3330.jpeg