Dust Mask??

tvman44

I use a Dustbgone mask....works great...it's washable and doesn't fogg glasses...I have a beard and it is the only kind that works...they are made in Florida and have a good website with good service...I think they sell them at Woodcraft also....I paid $24 for mine over a year ago and have washed it quite a few times, by hand and just hang it up to drip dry over the utility sink in the garage and it is ready to use the next day...hope this helps.

This looks like the one toolbeltman is using (http://www.woodcraft.com/product/200208 ... dging.aspx). I've been eyeballing this one for awhile. I just can't bring myself to spending $40 for one. But it looks comfortable enough and being able to wash it is a big plus. You might also want to check the pharmacy. I bet they have cloth masks too. Don't know what kind of protection it would have, but I would think it would be comparable.

Yesterday I bought the half mask by 3M #7502 and think "I hope" I will like it, it does push my glasses up a little which should not be a problem just take some getting used to as I usually have my glasses low on my nose. It uses the double filters, one on each side.

I've been using the 3M Half Facepiece Respirator 7500 Series. I was

advised by my doctor to use this type aftre being told that I had a

lung disease and they did not know how I got it. When I am in my

shop I wear it all the time. Just take your fingers and wipe them

down a wall in your shop. Your fingers will pick up the dust and

leave streaks on the wall. I never gave this a thought. One

other thought, when not wearing your mask and walking around

the house see if you do not notice your nose acting funny. That's

just from the house hold dust that you've stired up just from

walking around.

Joey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Who uses a dust mask and what kind and does it work good with glasses??

I don't like something on my face .I don;t like something on my wrist when scrolling either catching on the scroll saw.I prefer to sit in front of a pleated paper filter on an,A.C central air vent.Or sit out side with fans moving the dust anywhere but in my vicinity.I wear glasses and it fogs them up with masks.

When scrolling I wear a 3M dust and particulate mask, I like the way they fit. I own a Trend Airshield and I wear it every so often when scrolling, but I use it more when using the lathe. The 3M dust mask has two straps, one clips around your neck and the other sets on the top of your head. The face mask part is soft rubber, and most times I don't realize that it is there once I get into a project. I'm a firm believer in wearing some sort of protection against dust, while working in the shop.

Len

After many years of filling my lungs with saw dust and really having problems, I bought and wear the Trend Pro....you say it costs allot of money....not nearly the cost of the hospital stay if I hadn't had insurance.  I wear it all the time when making saw dust.  And i wear glasses all the time with out problems.   I have the other types listed here, but the Trend is my go to mask these days

I very rarely use a dust mask for scrolling, but then I don't scroll nearly as much as most of you. (my new EX-21 has built in dust collection that works surprisingly well.) However I do wear a dust make for a variety of shop operations: table saw, router, sanding, blah blah blah and I use the 3M 8511. I'm okay with them they are reasonably comfortable but my glasses do fog up quite often. I have a beard.

I use the 3M 7500 series respirator to spray on any type of finish. They push my glasses way up and can be pretty warm, sweat occurs between the skin and seal of the mask.

There are two brands I haven't tried before so I'm going to give them a shot. Great thread.