Stack cutting?

tvman44

I have been cutting some oven shelf pulls today using 1/2" Poplar and want to try stack cutting at least 2 at a time which would be 1" thick or 1 1/2" if I tried 3. I would only try 2 at first. I have read about gluing tooth picks in the waste areas to hold together and my question is do I still use the same blade or would I want a more aggressive blade? Today I was using a FD TC#5 which is 13 TPI with a reverse tooth every 3rd tooth.

I stack cut yellow pine, which is quite hard, when making letters. I re-saw a 1"x6" in half and then stack cut them in pairs so I am cutting about 3/4" of hard pine. I use a FD polar #5 blade or #7. I just stack the two pieces and tape all around the four edges with 3/4" masking tape. The tape will hold it in place just fine.

Bob I aggree with Jim on the blade choice , i have had good luck air nailing the two pieces together and just grinding off any excess nail hangover . I don't like using the tape :| - just me ....only time I use the tape is when I'm cutting portraits .............MB

• 3 weeks later...