adhesive

Rubicon

I use a spray adhesive like 3M 77 Super Multipurpose Adhesive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000A ... B0000AZ735). You can find them in most hardware stores and some craft stores.

Read the back of the can and it has instructions for temporary bonds. Usually what I do is spray the back of the pattern, wait 20-30 seconds until it feels tacky like a post it note, then stick it to the wood. Then I cover the pattern with clear packing tape. It should remove fairly easily. If not, just pour a bit of mineral spirits onto a rag or paper towel and wet the pattern. In a few moments, it'll turn translucent. Then the pattern should just fall off.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Since I can't find Duro anymore I use the temporary Loctite brand from Lowe's. The only problem is that with a new can it squirts out a stream that can be a pain to remove, after a few sprays it settles down and sprays great and holds the best and comes off clean.

I liked the Duro best out of all of the spray adhesives out there and yes I have tried them all at one time or other. The duro brand was a product of Loctite also but I think it worked better than what they sell under their own name. The duro was also the cheapest that I could find around also. I would like to find a skid of the Duro that was left over somewhere. Steve

I use spray glue but a bit different way.

i just barely spray it on to the pattern, maybe 1 second total spary time froma good distance away.

The I put in onto the wood.

This way it is barely on there but plenty enough to get the job done. Falls right off when the project is done.

i do some fine life stuff so if it gets stuck on there I really cant afford to sand or scrape to get it off.

If the paper is wet with glue it will stick and you wont be able to get it off. i should just be a mist of glue.