Just dreaming, maybe

Just saw the G4 saw you posted.  Good price but the stand does look a bit funky but the saw looks pretty good.  Pretty far drive.  I would keep looking especially since you have to get a new range.  But you do make a good BBQ...you could use that for a while!:)

On 5/29/2024 at 7:40 AM, kmmcrafts said:

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck going through your homestead.. Never a good time for anything to wear out, give out, and just plain breakdown. I've also been dealing with a lot of just old worn out things giving me troubles from mowers, trimmers, cars and washer and dryers.. on a more positive note... hopefully the new replacements should last until I get some cash on hand again.. but man it sure has been one heck of a year for us.. IF I could have gotten the parts for the washer / dryer I might have rebuilt it again.. They were both here in my house when I bought it 32 years ago and old and worn out then.. I took them both apart and rebuilt them way back when.. and now the parts was just not available so we bought new..

That is the G4 Hawk and looks like a nice saw.. that said the paint on the stand etc. looks off to me.. looks like it had a crappy repaint maybe or something spilled on it? Looks like some sort of wrinkle finish compared to all the other Hawk saws I've seen so passing on it might not be a bad idea anyway. Never know if someone was trying to cover up something with the wrong type of paint or if some chemical spilled on it it could have gotten into the electronics and did some damage there that may not show up until you get it home and start using it. As far away as it is and judging the photos I think maybe passing on it is what I would do.. One will pop up at the right time that is maybe a better deal and or closer to home for you sooner or later.  

I contacted the seller and he responded that he had no idea why the paint was like that.  The whole stand is that way, no places underneath, inside legs all.  I contacted Hawk and asked them about it via their message system and of course on response, which is what I expected.  It's hard for me to want to do business with that kind of CS.  If they do not want to respond to messages do not have a setup for them. 

50 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

I contacted the seller and he responded that he had no idea why the paint was like that.  The whole stand is that way, no places underneath, inside legs all.  I contacted Hawk and asked them about it via their message system and of course on response, which is what I expected.  It's hard for me to want to do business with that kind of CS.  If they do not want to respond to messages do not have a setup for them. 

Yeah, I don't know why they don't respond to their message system very well.. I don't know if they just don't get notifications from the website like they should or if they don't check them etc.. Kind of weird to me since they (from what I've seen ) respond to the messages quite regularly on their FB page.. I haven't had the need to contact them since I bought by new saw back in 2017 but I've been reading that they're much better with CS now.. maybe not though if they aren't responding to you.. I don't know.. and I don't blame you one bit if they are still having CS issues.. I get that from time to time with most everywhere.. and it does happen now and then. Seyco as an example as i always had great service from them until the last time I had a question.. Took them 6 months to answer it.. excuse was they swapped website or servers or something and they lost a bunch a data but then somehow retrieved that data and was going through the messages.. so at least they did reach back out to me 6 months later, LOL.. I don't think Hawk would have done that nor many other companies. 

At the end of the day.. the best contact info is done by phone and talk to a person.. I get email glitches etc happening all the time with Etsy and Amazon.. Etsy recently changed their system and had a glitch and it was marking everyones messages as spam and not giving us sellers any kind of notice so it's always good to be able to talk in person rather than rely on a message actually going where it supposed to.

Well I did finally get a response from Hawk.  Not from their contact method on their website but from their FaceBook page.  This it what the response if from them:

Some of the older ones had that kind of paint on the base before they switched to powder coating".

If that is an older stand, It sure was well cared for.  I don't see a scratch on it.  Mystery.  I did message the owner and ask for a serial number, no response so far.

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Well I did finally get a response from Hawk.  Not from their contact method on their website but from their FaceBook page.  This it what the response if from them:

If that is an older stand, It sure was well cared for.  I don't see a scratch on it.  Mystery.  I did message the owner and ask for a serial number, no response so far.

Interesting, because I've had several "older " Hawks and when looking to buy them also seen many many photos and saws in person.. for at least the last 12 years.. that is the first saw I've seen paint like this. 

Whatever paint / powder coat they use is very good stuff as it doesn't scratch or fade very easily so most of the Hawk saws still "look" very well, even those from the early 80's still look new. Hegner could take lessons from Hawk in the paint / coating department for sure.. 

EDIT To Add:

That is a G4 saw if memory serves right so it's not "that" old since the G4 came out around 2005.. My two saw a 1993 and a 1998 look just as good as the 2017 I purchased new.. The 93 was not taken very good care of and was used a lot.. many worn parts on it when I got it so i had to totally rebuilt that saw. 

Edited by kmmcrafts

• 3 weeks later...

What do you make of this?  I messaged the seller and asked if he would please send me the serial number of the saw, thinking I would call Hawk to see what is the age of the saw.  This was the third message to him about the saw in a little over a month.  I waited three weeks or so for a response and got nothing.   I did not think that was an excessive number of questions, considering I would be spending around $500 plus a 600-mile round trip. After I waited, for several weeks I sent another message and stated I would really like to know the serial number of the saw and for him not to respond made me a little suspicious.  Well, I got an answer back, telling me to do something "---- off" and He was selling the saw for his dad, quit asking him questions.  Then the listing of the saw disappeared from Marketplace.  So maybe he sold it all of a sudden.   Or maybe it was not a legit deal, I do not know.

Not sure what your area is like but around my area people for some reason don’t remove their listing when sold and complain because people keep inquiring. Like duh remove the ads then. Then another group get mad because nobody ask about items they’re trying to sell.😂😂😂 FB should have a time limit on the ads and then remove after 30 days or something. There are things popping up on my feed that are 2-3 years old. Maybe we need to share those ads and get 100’s of people inquiring so they’ll at least look into how to take the ad down. 😂😂😂

38 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Not sure what your area is like but around my area people for some reason don’t remove their listing when sold and complain because people keep inquiring. Like duh remove the ads then. Then another group get mad because nobody ask about items they’re trying to sell.😂😂😂 FB should have a time limit on the ads and then remove after 30 days or something. There are things popping up on my feed that are 2-3 years old. Maybe we need to share those ads and get 100’s of people inquiring so they’ll at least look into how to take the ad down. 😂😂😂

Yes, there is one in a town near me that I inquired about over six months ago.  I was told it was sold.  Still listed.  Maybe the sale fell through.  But I wrote and asked a couple of months ago and got no response but still listed.