Patterns

I've done that something similar with my larger patterns,  Instead of cutting and pasting the pages together, I use Inkscape to make a single drawing.  Then I can make a pdf of the pattern and send it to a local print shop.  I can go down there later and pick them up already to go.  As you say, it is fairly inexpensive and quite convenient.

Tom

Paul, you know I have been doing that for several years with great results. The prints are 17 x 11 on cards stock. I did the Jeep Wrangler for the manager of my UPS store a few months ago and he still hasn't charged me for the prints I have brought in so far. That has paid for me eventhough they are cheap to print. 

I basically have been doing this also for many years. Fortunately the FedX store has all sorts of copiers including ones that can make blueprint size copies. Those can get pricey but I would take copies and draw lines through them and then tape as one the size I need and make copies. It does save on home inks and paper and actually probably saves some money in the long run. 

When I first started I would scan and copy half the pattern or sometimes even in quarters and then tape together. But I found back in those years that not all copiers were good and the patterns wound up distorted and not the same ratio. With today's copiers that is not a problem that I have run into.