????????????????????????????????????????????????????

OCtoolguy

I have lots of ideas and PHDs (projects half done). Also, 2 projects for our clubs 2x4 challenge BUT I have trigger finger and my hand cramps up often in the day. I have had this before and a shot of cortisone fixes it. Unfortunately, I could not get appointment till the first week of August and then in a couple of weeks after that I should have a couple of items that I am scrolling out of a 2x4s.

Its been raining here about 2 or three days a week every week.

We've actually gone a couple days without rain now so I think we are due again.  Temps haven't been what they could be for this time of year - we're mid 70s most days; we've had a few upper 80s to low 90s.  Those days are what I would say are gross.  

Unfortunately summer means outside work and go go go go go go go.  Not much time to stop to scroll.  Maybe in a few years.....

In my case, I'm lacking enthusiasm to finish my current project. I've never done anything with acrylic colors before so I'm sort of flying blind and not enjoying myself. I can't even blame it on weather as we have the best there is. Just can't get going. I think I'll side-line this one and move on to something fun.

As @rjweb said, it is indeed hot here in Texas.  It quit raining a few weeks ago and no more is likely until and unless we get a tropical storm out of the gulf.  

I am recovering from my cataract surgery, both eyes, and have had to stay out of the shop to avoid the risk of getting sawdust in my eyes.  Another week or so and I will be ready to resume woodworking activities.  Now if I can pick up the thread of what I was working on....

Tons of doctor appts. or errand to run.  Busy painting the garden statues I have collected over the winter.  Not to mention the 90 plus weather and then the rain and then the grass needs mowing and the list goes on. I have been printing out some really nice patterns Steve Good has been posting.  I do check in everyday.

I am now in between projects.  Finished the squirrel, then did the Lady in Red and one other small quick cut.  Now feeling uninspired.  Can't complain about the weather keeping me out of the shop because the shop is in the basement.  I do with the weather was better.  We seem to have stalled for warmer temps and it seems to rain every second day.  The sailboat was from a "Shutterstock" picture.  I did stack cut 2. They are 5x3.  Just cardboard for the backer.  Frame was purchased at a thrift store.

20240624_153903.jpg

I've been busy working but not much scrolling this entire year as business was quite slow.. now it seems to be picking up and I'm not ready for it to pick up.. have way too many projects going on at the same time and got used to not being busy with the scroll work now I have CNC and laser orders coming in and car work to do and now scroll work to make.. funny how it all comes at once.. either nothing going on or everything going on.. nothing in between. Wife showed some coworkers the planter box I made and the raised bucket garden I made and now I have made like 10 planter boxes and a couple of the bucket gardens.. Not something I made and intended to sell really but here I am making those.. Just delivered two of them yesterday. 

Lots of rain in Miami and in between the rain, lots and lots of Sun and heat.  Right now the temp is 88 and feels like 97. the scroll saw is ready to go but it is to hot for me to be out there too long.  When the sun comes out I will post pictrues of my shop. And God willing doing some scrolling.

Ray, you are right. It's hot here in SC and the high humidity makes it very uncomfortabe in my garage workshop. We have have not had rain in almost 2 weeks. We took some vacation days in Charleston (great!) Just on the edge of the beginning of the HOT season there. I'm also between projects. Finished another jewelry box for my wife but she needs to finish painting it before I post it. Also assorted doctor appointments. Epidual for back/numb toes issue. Seems to be working. Another Dermo visit. Time to hog out some more flesh for assorted skin cancers. Used to it. Where was that suntan lotion back in the mid '50's? Need somemore inspiration for when things cool off. Maybe something from Charleston.

We have had heat and then we did some traveling. I am trying to get a bunch of stuff cut before my cataracts in mid and late July.

I will have stuff to paint and glue up post surgery, if I can just get deeper into the cut list.

(Silly me, I almost said "to the bottom" of the cut list. We know there is no bottom, just turn the page!)😁