Sanding and shaping area

I know things are busy for everyone with summer here and all. But I wanted to share my sanding and shaping station. I believe I finally have it to where I want it. Only took my 6 months (lol). But now everything is within reach and projects on the table. The Foredom is removable so I can use the dremel and the vac takes care of most all of the dust.

Now I just need time to work on things. The Raptor has been on the sanding table for over a month now (ugh!)

20240710_143920.jpg

20240710_144017.jpg

Great set-up!  Sure wish I had room for something similar.

I have a sanding station that includes a Vertical Belt/Disk sander, a small oscilating sander and a Guenevere finisher with Wand setup.  I also have a dremel with wand like I see hanging in your area,  I also have a lot of the shanked sanders as you do and also have a number of shaping/carving burrs, both some very rough and some quite fine.  And my vacuum only services the mounted Benc sander.   My set-up works, but not quite as nice of a sit down area like yours. 

I would actually have to sell my home and move to a bigger home and property in order to have a bigger shop...afraid that will not be happening at my age. 

2 minutes ago, FrankEV said:

Great set-up!  Sure wish I had room for something similar.

I have a sanding station that includes a Vertical Belt/Disk sander, a small oscilating sander and a Guenevere finisher with Wand setup.  I also have a dremel with wand like I see hanging in your area,  I also have a lot of the shanked sanders as you do and also have a number of shaping/carving burrs, both some very rough and some quite fine.  And my vacuum only services the mounted Benc sander.   My set-up works, but not quite as nice of a sit down area like yours. 

I would actually have to sell my home and move to a bigger home and property in order to have a bigger shop...afraid that will not be happening at my age. 

I have all this along with my scrollsaws,table saw in a small basement.  It's taken my 6 years to get to this point.

Been thinking about the 1 inch vertical belt sander, just gotta figure out where to put it. Also considering  some kind of mop sander too.

Everything is set for me to sit down as I'm not able to stand for extended periods of time. 

21 hours ago, Hawk said:

Been thinking about the 1 inch vertical belt sander, just gotta figure out where to put it.

Hubby got me this for Christmas last year.  It has been great, especially for small pieces.  https://www.amazon.ca/PTMTFYL-Adjustable-Electric-Anti-Slip-Polishing/dp/B0D7GKH4CW/

15 hours ago, Hawk said:

I see a keyed chuck, does it also use the flat pads I see in the pic?

So, what I actually received was the belt sander part.  He didn't order the "extra" which was the flat discs, keyed chuck etc.  I have just the motor unit with the belt sanding.  I recently purchased this https://www.temu.com/goods.html. It fits in my foredom style rotary tool.