Could you use it for portraits

If I'm looking at the picture correctly, you aren't talking about using laminate flooring, rather the material referenced in the picture is the plywood underlayment.  Is that correct?

If so, I would say that it might be OK for portraits, but I don't know exactly what that underlayment is.  If it is the common Luan plywood, then I would advice against using it for anything with much detail in it.  Luan is OK for backer board material, but I've never liked scrolling it.  It splinters & chips too much and isn't as strong & stable as Baltic birch plywood.

I too looked at the photo and see it is a Sureply wood product. They make both underlayment as well as flooring so hard to say what you have. But if it is the underlayment that is a poplar wood top layer. Yes it is very flat and void free. There are other brands that are just as good but what are the inner cores made from and as Bill said many times that plywood does splinter when cut. They always recommend to score with a razor knife first before cutting to prevent this when they lay this on the floor.  Now if it is a flooring which I do not think it is because of the width then that could be different. Also looking at the wood closely you see small holes in it thus tells me it is a undelayment plywood. You could try it and see what you think is the only way for sure to find out. Good luck.