what to do.... what to do

kardar2

when I buy/get any patterns I scan them into my computer. They are organized there by types/subjects. When I need a pattern I just print it out, it may be printed on a couple sheets depending on size of pattern. I keep all the originals in a couple expandable folders and put them away. Saves a lot of room by saving them all to the computer.

I have most of my patterns scanned on my computer, but also have a large pile of things to cut. The printed stack is sorted in folders by type of cutting, difficulty(or more accurately, amount of time it would take to complete) and subject matter.

So I have a file of ornaments divided into groups like easy silhouettes for painting, simple scrolled ornaments and complex ornaments. I have a file of 8x10 portrait type sorted easy to hard in animals, landscape, holidays and other. I have a few other files similar but I can't remember all if them right now.

This system let's me pick something I feel like cutting fairly quickly which is really helpful since I get limited shop time.