International Sports - Scroll Saw Challenge

world_sports.png

So there's this worldwide sports event happening right now.  You know, the one with the 5 rings?  It's kinda a big deal.  They televise it and everything!  So this scroll saw challenge is about sports, sportsmanship, worldwide competition and camaraderie.  Post your sports-themed projects as we celebrate our athletes and international sports!

Thanks , I appreciate the kind words. The children learn poem is a pattern that originally had teddy bears around it but with my wife’s help we designed it for martial arts. I got the original pattern from wildwood designs years ago but I don’t believe it is in print any longer

I cut the "IRON HORSE & THE BABE", using the pattern by Kris, that he so graciously shared with me.  

I took the liberty to add the famous ediface that surrounded THEIR Yankee Stadium and then framed the piece.  It was a gift for our Pastor, who would greet everyone after mass on Sunday and ask me to wait because he wanted to speak with me.  He needed to speak with me about his Yankees,when I prsented him with this gift,he couldn't belive it and it stillhangs in his office to this day.  Thank you again, Kris, for your generousity.

Rick

IMG_0117.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

The shelf was made for a young lady who plays softball and needed a place to hang her ribbons and mini bats. The only scrollwork is the batters on the ends. Both of my boys played high school football and their team name was the eagles. I made helmet ornaments for each player and coach  when my younger son was in school.20240831_204712.thumb.jpg.2a8f9957bb9e07eee032a88656488550.jpgDSC_0696.thumb.JPG.42a529760111b06774e9e00827a36ce9.JPG

• Travis unpinned this topic