Spray glue nozzle

I managed to resurrect my can of 3M77.  The nozzle had clogged and soaking it in MS did not help.  The can is down to about 1/4 full and not worth buying new nozzles like these Spray Paint Caps-New York Fat Cap-Spray Can Nozzle-Spray Paint Nozzles for Cans-Spray Paint Tips-25 Pack - Amazon.com.

I used a small #60 drill bit in the lower opening of the nozzle, to pull out the dried clog of glue, several pulls and it was clear.  It is working now, for how long I do not know.  Any drill bit 3/64" or smaller should work.  

23 hours ago, rjweb said:

Good tip, when done using do you turn the can over and spray a couple times, that's what I have been doing and seems to work, RJ

I did that religiously and made it through most of the can but it clogged eventually.  

I mostly use full sheet self adhesive shipping labels so it takes me a couple years to use up a can of spray glue. Aside from the nozzle clogging up now I seem to have the can leak down its air pressure so either way I almost always end of tossing out a 1/4 of a can in one way or another.   

20 hours ago, BadBob said:

I also keep a collection of old nozzles.

I did try a nozzle from a used paint rattle can.  It sprayed glue fine one time.  I turned the can upside down and sprayed until clear but it clogged anyway.  

On 8/4/2024 at 12:35 PM, kmmcrafts said:

I mostly use full sheet self adhesive shipping labels . . . 

Same here. 
And most times I put a sheet of the shelf liner on the wood first, then the pattern on top of that. 
It eliminates the need to use MS to remove the glue from the wood when done.

1 hour ago, Joe W. said:

Same here. 
And most times I put a sheet of the shelf liner on the wood first, then the pattern on top of that. 
It eliminates the need to use MS to remove the glue from the wood when done.

Yes I also use the shelf liner.. I don't like the smell of MS.. and don't even keep any around.. Unless I'm cleaning car engine parts.. works great for a degreaser.. LOL.. Never used it for my woodworking though. 

I use a small pimento jar with lacquer thinner in it. When finished spraying pull nozzle out and put it in the jar. let set over night . Then take it out and blow nozzle out with compressed air at the end that fits in the can same direction the spray would go through it. I also save the nozzles from the cans of lacquer I use on projects to use as needed.