O'le Man River Steam Boat

munzieb

@Bernd, not only do I remember the Hudson River Dayliner, every summer our mom would take me and my brother on the Dayliner to Rye Playland Park.  The trip took all day to go down river and back in the evening, as long as the ship was going with the tides, this all happened about 65 years ago.

If you remember the area, we lived right at he foot of the Mid Hudson Bridge, next to the N.Y. central Railroad yards, as a kid, we thought we had the greatest playground in the world.  About 30 years ago, when we opened our Gallery/Frame Shop, I was given the opportunity to meet Capt. William G. Muller,  Bill was the pilot of the Dayliner that docked on lower Main Street in Poughkeepsie.  Bill is also a Maritime Historical Artist, if you have some spare time, look him up on the internet at WilliamGMmuller.com, I'm proud to say that Bill and I remain close friends.  Bill's eyesite has failed him and he can no longer work at the easel, but I enjoy sharing the stories he has about his life on the river.

Sorry for the longpost, and I did not mean to hijack your post.