I could use some inkscape help, PLEASE

Hi everyone, before I start banging my head angainst a wall, can anyone tell what is happening when I try the following.

I imported an image into inkscape and successfully performed a black line to red line change and when I tried to save it, a box came up on the upper left of my screen that was titled

WMF Output.  There were a bunch of options in the box, but noneof them were highlighted, so I just hit okay, and the image I was working on went off to NEVER-NEVER Land.  Then inkscape shut down and the image is nowhere to be found.  I don't recall ever seeing that box before, so good ole MAGIC FINGERS must have hit the wrong keystroke somewhere.                

Thank you in advance for any help.  By the way, NO WALLS WERE DAMAGED IN ANY WAY.

Rick

You might try going up to the file menu and scroll down to recent. That should give you a list of files recently opened. Either that or start over and import that file again and make your changes. Then click on "save as" and give it a name and a location to put it. I use desktop so it's easy to find. In fact you might check the desktop and see if there is a new Inkscape file that showed up there. If so, click on it and Inkscape should open it. I'm not any sort of expert but have head scars to prove my ineptitude.