Testing Scroll Saw Blades Cutting 2x Construction Lumber

20 minutes ago, Denny Knappen said:

Thanks for the information.  I hardly ever sell the Pegas #12 MGT blade, but with the info, I may start to recommend it on thick wood.

I just finished cutting the windows on the trucks using the #12MGT blades. The cuts were smooth enough that no sanding would be required except for the little bump I almost always get when I start the cut. The cutting is not fast, but it is faster than the Olson thick blade. Possibly because the Olson blade is cutting a much wider kerf. For my purposes, getting a smooth cut is more important than speed; otherwise, I would use a bandsaw for these.

I've done a lot of test like this over the years which also included trying said blades on various different saw set-ups.. My conclusion is very similar to what you found.. Really hard to beat those Pegas blades.. only thing I found that might be very slightly better and longer lasting was the P.S.Woods Super Sharps blades.. BUT.. they are very expensive blades and no reverse teeth so they leave you with more sanding of a rough back edge, but they are a bit faster more aggressive blade.. Not worth the money in my opinion but they it's worth mentioning them because they was the only blade that even came close to what the Pegas MGT blades could do..