Christmas decoration for family

heppnerguy

On 8/17/2024 at 12:22 AM, Peter N White said:

They look very well done.

Thank you. They are a Steve Good pattern but I decided to paint them to add a little pizzazz to them. It is really hot where I live and it makes hanging in the shop a little undesirable right now so things are a little bit quieted down in there for awhile.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 8/17/2024 at 6:05 AM, barb.j.enders said:

Well done.

I did those last year for my nieces and nephews.   

You did? We must think alike. Did you paint yours also or dye them like Steve Good did on his sight? We send these also to relatives that do not otherwise receive a yearly gift from us. Thank you for the nice comment.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 8/17/2024 at 7:29 AM, Hudson River Rick said:

Hi Dick, nice job on the snow people ( my attempt at humor), thanks for sharing.

I have a niece that would go bonkers over them, can you share where you obtained the pattern.

Rick

I got this pattern from Steve Good's site. If you are unfamiliar with it you may want to look it up as he has several thousand patterns and they are all free.

www.scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com

here is the link for his sight.

Dick

heppnerguy

23 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Nice work, Dick.   I did that pattern one time when I first started scrolling. I think it is still around and drug out each season.  Mine was not as colorful as yours. I like your colors.

I am enjoying making these except for the fact it is averaging 110 degree almost all summer and still is. Makes working in the shop not too much fun right now. I don't remember seeing this pattern before this year so it surprises me that it has been around so long. Maybe it just didn't stand out to me before now or it was not of interest, not sure

Dick

heppnerguy

15 hours ago, flarud said:

Nice!  I have made about half a dozen or so of those.. fun to make and gives my wife something to do.. as she does the painting.  Just yesterday I found and printed out a Santa version of this to try and make soon for this year.  

Funny, my wife talked about maybe painting so of these for me. She does not have any hobbies so I think I will let her paint the rest of them, if she still wants to.

Where might I go to take a look at your Santa pattern as I may be interested in doing that one next year?

Dick

heppnerguy

16 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Funny, my wife talked about maybe painting so of these for me. She does not have any hobbies so I think I will let her paint the rest of them, if she still wants to.

Where might I go to take a look at your Santa pattern as I may be interested in doing that one next year?

Dick

heppnerguy

It isn't a pattern, just something I saw somewhere online.  I was going to try to turn it into a Segmentation.  I'll send you a note in the private messages.  

21 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

You did? We must think alike. Did you paint yours also or dye them like Steve Good did on his sight? We send these also to relatives that do not otherwise receive a yearly gift from us. Thank you for the nice comment.

Dick

heppnerguy

I made them from MDF so they were painted. I did ask everyone what their favourite colours are and did the scarves in that.   I reduced them to about 80%.  You can see them here.  https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/50761-christmas-stuff/

On 8/18/2024 at 8:57 AM, Hudson River Rick said:

@heppnerguyThank you Dick.  I am very familiar with Steve's site, but I admit I have a real hard time finding patterns on it.  I am going to type in "SNOWMAN" and see what happens.

Rick

search with  snowman segmentation and it should pop right up

Dick

heppnerguy