Christmas decoration for family

heppnerguy

On 8/18/2024 at 9:10 PM, wombatie said:

So very cute, I love them and so will your family.

Marg

I hope you are right as I continue aging I am in hopes that some of my work will have some of the families that will cherish it and the projects will be a little reminder of me as they age too

Dick

heppnerguy

On 8/20/2024 at 7:55 AM, Denny Knappen said:

Mighty fine and very cute!

Thank you Denny, I enjoy passing me passion on the family and friends in hopes they will maybe still be displaying and enjoying them after I have past on.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 8/24/2024 at 5:00 PM, heppnerguy said:

Thank you Denny, I enjoy passing me passion on the family and friends in hopes they will maybe still be displaying and enjoying them after I have past on.

Dick

heppnerguy

That is what I am planning with the Alex Fox Baskets Modified.  Going to call them Blessing Baskets.

On 8/19/2024 at 5:28 AM, barb.j.enders said:

I made them from MDF so they were painted. I did ask everyone what their favourite colours are and did the scarves in that.   I reduced them to about 80%.  You can see them here.  https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/50761-christmas-stuff/

I ended up doing a variety of colors after I saw your projects and it did make it more interesting for me. Thanks for showing me your snowmen, it was truly helpful.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 8/19/2024 at 9:45 AM, MarieC said:

Dick those are super cute!  I do love the idea of customizing their scarves for folks that @barb.j.enders did...those were really cute too!

That was exactly what I did after I saw her little snowmen. It made them more fun to paint and compare as I finished them all.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 8/26/2024 at 2:25 PM, Gonzo said:

What thickness did you use Dick?  
Looking at the pattern from the site, it says to use 1/4”. The photo you posted looks thicker than that. I’m thinking 1/2-3/4” would make it look “more full”. Also easier to round the edges. 

I did this in some recycled wood I had on hand. They all were approximately 1/2 inch thick. I ended up just gluing the finished and painted pieces together and after that I layed them out on 1/4 in BB Ply and drew around the project with a sharp pencil and sanded the backer board and glued the snowman on it. That made it match perfectly even if my cutting was off a tad. Way faster for me.

Dick

heppnerguy