Lost My Sweet Sister

Charlie E

My sweet sister Amy, 66, passed away as the result of a stroke a week ago. Her happy place was Cape San Blas, Florida. We went there together with our families and shared a beach house for the week of Thanksgiving several times. Those weeks were like Heaven on Earth. :) She had no grandchildren so was like a bonus grandmother to my 5. She and I shared a love for the song "Here Comes The Sun" as done by James Taylor and Yo Yo Ma. Her son-in-law is a gifted guitarist and played it at the funeral. I cut this the night before to put alongside her beach pictures at the funeral chapel as a tribute to  her, and therapy for me. You can see her bird that has left our flock in the upper right. Amy was able to donate her kidneys, liver, and eye lenses. ❤️ Cherish your loved ones each day. 

Amy's Here Comes The Sun.jpeg

6.jpg

n.jpg

24 minutes ago, jerry walters said:

Sorry to hear of your loss Charlie.  Over the years you created many wonderful memories, these will carry you through.  Memories are Golden.  The plaaque you made for her is beauriful.

Jerry

Thank you Jerry. Her son requested the portrait I made of her which she had in her home. :) 

Amy cutting.jpeg

Charlie, I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful sister at a young age. My condolences and prayers for all who are impacted by the loss. It sounds like you all had a great relationship and lots of wonderful memories together. That is something to find great joy in. You made a beautiful tribute and the portrait of her is excellent as well.

1 hour ago, meflick said:

Charlie, I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful sister at a young age. My condolences and prayers for all who are impacted by the loss. It sounds like you all had a great relationship and lots of wonderful memories together. That is something to find great joy in. You made a beautiful tribute and the portrait of her is excellent as well.

We really did and it has definitely helped me be at peace. We haven’t had a cross word since crazy teenage years. 🙂 

1 hour ago, rdatelle said:

So sorry to hear that Charlie. Prayers are with you and your family. I lost my sister last November. Hard to loose a family member.

Having lost my parents and my only sibling is a strange new feeling. Realizing your immediate family members are gone is pretty sobering and brings the brevity of life into focus. Good reminder to live in the present and for your family. 

Sorry to hear about your sister.  I have lost both my parents but I still have 2 brothers and 2 sisters,, I really only stay in touch with 1 sister.  The thing with losing parents is that you lose a lot of information and knowledge.  

Very nice memorial piece.  It seems the last few years, that is all that I have been making.  

4 hours ago, sydknee said:

My word Charlie, your choice of wood is impeccable for your tribute.  The grain works for the waves and sand.  So much love put into it.

Thank you. One of those meant to be things I suppose. I made it the night before the funeral with the only board I had on hand that was wide enough. I noticed how well the grain worked also, but hadn’t really planned it. 🙂