Lost My Sweet Sister

Charlie E

1 hour ago, flarud said:

Sorry to hear about your sister.  I have lost both my parents but I still have 2 brothers and 2 sisters,, I really only stay in touch with 1 sister.  The thing with losing parents is that you lose a lot of information and knowledge.  

Very nice memorial piece.  It seems the last few years, that is all that I have been making.  

Yes, my sister’s memory for our childhood was much better than mine. I’ve realized I have nobody to ask anymore. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

It is so difficult to loose a family member or even a friend and in you case your sister was both to you. The plaque is so well thought out and I am sure a blessing to her family, immensely. Our prayers are for you and all the family and friends she left behind.

Dick

heppnerguy

Thank you, Dick. I cut another one yesterday, as I gave the first one to my daughter who was very close to my sister and Here Comes The Sun was my sister and my daughter’s favorite song. At the funeral, my sister’s daughter cried when she saw the plaque, plus her husband played the song during the service so I knew they’d appreciate one also. May have to cut more. In this case it’s an honor. :) 

Edited by Charlie E

@Charlie EMy sincerest sympathies to you and your family.  My brother passd about 10 months ago after a very hard fought battle with alzhimers, I miss him very much.  Like your sister, we have no grandchildren, but are so very luckey to be close to my nieces and their children, in fact, they were with us last week at the JERSY SHORE.  As we all know, TIME HEALS MOST WOUNDS, AND WE ARE DETERMINED TO REBOUND FROM THIS.

We all made sure the little ones had a fun time at the beach.

RICK

On 8/26/2024 at 9:37 AM, Hudson River Rick said:

@Charlie EMy sincerest sympathies to you and your family.  My brother passd about 10 months ago after a very hard fought battle with alzhimers, I miss him very much.  Like your sister, we have no grandchildren, but are so very luckey to be close to my nieces and their children, in fact, they were with us last week at the JERSY SHORE.  As we all know, TIME HEALS MOST WOUNDS, AND WE ARE DETERMINED TO REBOUND FROM THIS.

We all made sure the little ones had a fun time at the beach.Such

RICK

Thank you, Rick. I'm sorry about your brother. My mom had Alzheimer's for the last two years of her life. Such a sad disease. Wonderful blessing to live near family!

12 hours ago, wombatie said:

I am so sorry for your loss Charlie.  She is still with you in spirit.
Love your tribute to her.  💕  Sometimes they are the hardest to do.

Marg

Thank you, Marg. Slowly getting used to the new normal. We had a Labor Day get together yesterday and was saddened when I was counting up how many hamburger patties to make and briefly wondered if Amy was coming. 😞 

On 8/24/2024 at 3:29 PM, Charlie E said:

Thank you, Dick. I cut another one yesterday, as I gave the first one to my daughter who was very close to my sister and Here Comes The Sun was my sister and my daughter’s favorite song. At the funeral, my sister’s daughter cried when she saw the plaque, plus her husband played the song during the service so I knew they’d appreciate one also. May have to cut more. In this case it’s an honor. :) 

You are right about that. It will truly be an honor to cut these in honor of your sister and the love others also felt for her.

Dick

heppnerguy