Excalibur 21K

retmsgt

I just ordered this saw with a delivery date of Aug 16th. (This coming Thursday) Any suggestions or tips on using this saw? I'm somewhat of a novice, only been scrolling about two years. My Porter=Cable went belly up a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, any tips/suggestions for the excalibur?

thanks

Semper Fi

Great saw. Love mine.

The stand takes a bit to put together. When I did mine, I put a board in the middle as a shelf and it really firms up the whole thing. It is easy to do as you go.

Also, I made the back legs longer than the front to put the table on an angle. I find it easier that way.

Also, if you are using a stool make sure the height is comfortable. I originally had it at one height and I got a new padded stool and then had to adject everything as the new stool would not go as low as the old setting.

Don

I don't know how they do the light.

If it does not do what you want; my trick may help.

I made a wooden (hickory) piece that fits in the stand-- sticks out both side about 2 inches-- drilled with holes to fit my lamp peg.. I then cut the head off a bolt, stuck it in the bottom of an old=spring arm desk lamp and welded it in. I have about 1-1/2 " of bolt straight down. I can adjust (move) it to either side or farther back when cutting larger pieces. I did the same thing with the one for my drill press. When things get hard to see; I can actually swing both of them to eliminate shadows. If you want pictures; just PM me and I will take and email some to you.

Thank you, Gentlemen. I currently have the saw stand level on the floor, which seems to control vibrations as well. The idea of a "shelf" on the stand is interesting. Also, I have a floor lamp with a flexible neck which I can put anywhere to remove shadows. Again, I truly appreciate your tips.

• 2 weeks later...