Looking Out The Shop Window

Yeah I have a large 30 x 30 garden not to far to the right of the photo where I mostly grow red, yellow and sweet potatoes  and they ate the tops of the plant off.. I'm wanting and maybe will next year fence a larger area as I wanting to do sweet corn too. I also have two 4 x 10 raised bed gardens up by the house in the back yard and this year did an experimental 5 gallon bucket garden that didn't work because we had a lot of rain and I didn't drill enough drain holes in the bottom of the buckets... IF the bucket thing works well next year I think I'll be building more of them. 

Anyway to get back to the deer eating my garden I read online that if you put some post in and tie fishing line around it at a couple different heights it scares them as they can't see the line but they feel it when they bump into it.. It worked well and my plants came back.. Just dug up 4 plants and got about 5 pound of yellow and 5 pounds of red potatoes this morning. I have about 60 plants. They stay in the ground and I just dig them up as needed.. any that I miss grow into plants again next year, LOL Been doing that for 30 ish years now.. no need to buy them anymore.