Stack cutting glue

Bzern

I have stack cut some little not fragile things, but now I want to stack cut some Ronald Reagan portraits for my father and sister (thanks to Hallway's design in the pattern library. I don't know what glue you all use for something like this, I don't want it to be to strong, otherwise I can't get them apart, or to weak, then they will break apart during cutting. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,

Ben

when I stack cut I glue the edges together with hot glue. I just stack the pieces and clamp then, use my hot glue gun to apply a few "spots" of glue down each side and end. After the glue has cooled(set) I remove the clamps and the stack is ready to go. After the cutting is done I just cut off the glue with a razor knife, and the pieces seperate with little effort.

• 2 weeks later...

I spray temporary glue(cleans up with mineral spirits) both pieces ,let dry and press together.then after cutting i spray the complete project a couple of times,letsit and then separate. Then try to separeat and spray more if needed ,mineral spirits and let run down the insides of the pieces.Works good for me .Have used the other ways and are satisfatory but like my way,lol! :)

Have been stack cutting about all my peices. I use different length of brad nails and put them in areas that will cut out and leave these for last. This way i can make sure center of plywood is pulled together tight. Have done as many as 4 at one time. drive nails through and clip off with side cut plyers and use file and smooth down so not to scratch saw table. This works great and when last one is cut loose all come apart no glue no mess. You can also nail in corners just stay close enough that frame will cover holes,most frame covers 1/8 to 1/4 in.... Gary

I have never had much luck using tape and I've never tried glue. For me what works best is a 23 gauge pin nailer. I shoot several into the waste area and use a file to smooth off the parts that stick through the other side. The pins are small enough that the wood never splits, and should I have to nail into an area I plan to keep, the holes are small enough to be nearly invisible.