Today we lost a national treasure

Judy Gale Roberts, the heart and soul of intarsia and the scroll saw world passed away after a short illness. I was blessed to take two classes with her and to meet her on several other occasions.  Not only was she a talented artist but a gifted instructor and just a special person. Rest in peace my friend and mentor.  Prayers for your husband Stephen and all who you touched through your life.

I just saw Steve Goods posting this morning and he included a video of Judy's shop from a few years ago and it is a must watch if you want to see some of the most extraordinary work by such a true artisan. The detail in her work is first rate. I got to see many of her pieces up close back in the day when we had scrollsaw picnics and gatherings. For those that do this kind of work, I am sure this hits even harder to lose such a talented person and a real gem of a human being. Hope this link works but if not check out Steve's site. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDTAb-n6Xo 

One of her patterns was the Pattern a Month project for August.  She was even offering advice two weeks before she passed from her hospital bed.  It certainly made my "win" bittersweet. I received notice about my win the same day that her husband mentioned she was in a coma. She passed two days later.