Alex Fox Basket C259 Modified

Denny Knappen

An Alex Fox Basket C259 Modified. This is one of his most recent patterns. Rather than 12 rings, I cut seven. I used 1/4" Mahogany 8" square. Cut on the Pegas 21" Scroll Saw using Pegas a #1 MGT blade. Sanding, gluing one ring at a time, one coat spray Lacquer Clear Gloss, sanding again, and a final coat. Comments welcome

C259 Basket Modified A 240910.JPG

C259 Basket Modified B 240910.JPG

Well done! Btw I just added new C264-bowl pattern. I noticed that your version has 8 pieces and it also looks great, just wanted to say that my new patterns (C261 and C264) has a little difference: part of pieces rotated at one direction and part - at another. Not sure if 8 pieces enough to get such 2 directions swirl ornament.

bowls.jpg

20 hours ago, alexfox said:

Well done! Btw I just added new C264-bowl pattern. I noticed that your version has 8 pieces and it also looks great, just wanted to say that my new patterns (C261 and C264) has a little difference: part of pieces rotated at one direction and part - at another. Not sure if 8 pieces enough to get such 2 directions swirl ornament.

bowls.jpg

I may give it a try using four one direction and four the other direction.

Denny your baskets are really done nicely. I love doing baskets as they are nice finished items, not real difficult to cut and assemble and do not eat up a lot of wood at the same time. Keep having fun and posting all your work as I enjoy seeing them as do so many others of us

Dick

heppnerguy