First time using "Live Edge Cherry"

Blaughn

• Blaughn changed the title to First time using "Live Edge Cherry"
2 hours ago, Bill WIlson said:

Nicely done.  I've said many times that text is one of the hardest things to scroll well, especially fonts such as what are in that pattern.  You did an excellent job!

I'm with Bill. Text of any type is nerve wracking since there is zero tolerance.

You captured it well on some good looking stock.

13 minutes ago, Blaughn said:

I am considering cutting serrations into the sides to give a broken log appearance.  My bride of 54 summers says no.  Hmmmmmmm

That's harder to do than it seems.  Usually it comes off looking contrived.  Also you don't have a lot of extra length to work with.  I would leave it as is.  Would hate to risk spoiling what is very nice work.

Sometimes the guys think everything should be bold to be masculine, they will get over that once they get married and start having a family. Personally I think they are perfect as they are and they should be very grateful they have someone that is will to give them things they made and some day they will cherish it just because you made it just for them. Beautifully done. 

Dick

heppnerguy