Β  Β  Β  Jump to content

Fall Leaf Wall Decoration

Charlie E

Oh come on, you got to give us a little more!!! Simple pattern yes, but I'm betting it wasn't a simple project.

I see it hanging on and outside wall.Β  Β How big? what wood? what finish? will it hold up in the weather?

BTW, very nice.Β  Looks great on the wall.

Do you actually get fall colored leaves in Alabama?Β  Here in Florida, Palms stay green all rear and our Florida Oaks drop scriveled up dead dirty things that do not look like a leaf only to be replaced by new green leaves immediately.Β 
Β 

38 minutes ago, FrankEV said:

Oh come on, you got to give us a little more!!! Simple pattern yes, but I'm betting it wasn't a simple project.

I see it hanging on and outside wall.Β  Β How big? what wood? what finish? will it hold up in the weather?

BTW, very nice.Β  Looks great on the wall.

Do you actually get fall colored leaves in Alabama?Β  Here in Florida, Palms stay green all rear and our Florida Oaks drop scriveled up dead dirty things that do not look like a leaf only to be replaced by new green leaves immediately.Β 
Β 

Yes, thankfully we do get beautiful fall colors. We’re in a drought right now which may affect the colors/duration this year.Β 
Β 

I actually used a combination of oil based stains and water based dyes to get the color and covered it with clear semigloss spray enamel. I hang different things on this spot for different seasons/holidays. It’s out of the rain and gets almost no direct sun so everything has held up great so for several years now. It’s about 3’ x 4’. To make it I planed some old weathered pressure treated fence boards, cut one end on a 45, lined them up and drew the leaf pattern freehand and cut the leaf pattern on each board with the scroll saw. I used a Kregg pocket hole jig to join the boards along with one fence board down the middle on the back. It was fun to make it up as I went along with no real plan or pattern. πŸ˜€

Edited by Charlie E