Two More Family Christmas Gifts

FrankEV

These two free patterns came from Judy Gale Roberts Website.  They are Intarsia Patterns I made into Painted Segmented wall  hangings that I will be sending to my son and daughter.

Again, I cut the patterns from one piece of 1x10 clear premium pine board but added Intarsia techniques to sculpture as well as raise and lower parts to improve the presentation.  I made no changes to the patterns except to delete the “floor” area under Santas’ feet.

All cutting, painting and finishing details for these pieces are exactly the same as my previous post: Copycat Family Christmas decoration Gifts, so I will not repeat here. All I will add however is; Hoot was a hoot to cut and paint.

SantaSeg-Roberts.thumb.JPG.60b46c2a72b8d26928b5e58892c83e7c.JPG

Nom 7" x 12"

SnowmanHootSeg-Roberts.thumb.jpg.a8c7a6fcf22fbe287552e894b285ecab.jpg

Nom 10" x 12"

Thanks for reading.  Comments and Critiques always welcome.

1 minute ago, barb.j.enders said:

... I really like how you are blending the different styles.

Thank you.  I realy enjoy doing Intarsia "Art" when it is all about making the image in wood tones.  However, for Christmas, I feel these kind of pieces need color.  You just cannot get the festive Red, Green, Gold, Black or Snow White from wood.  IMO, these pieces are craft type decorations, not art.  They are fun, relatively quick to make and do not cost a fortune for exotic wood.