Some baby rattles and teethers

rafairchild2

A truly dedicated man to help others. Great job and a very good cause. You are truly a great example for all of us to consider from time to time. Way better than making things to sell, in my opinion. Not that selling ones work is wrong, but rather, remembering other's needs, that we all can help resolve with our work in our shops. At the same time it helps us as scrollers to feel a little better about ourselves.

Dick

heppnerguy

30 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

At the same time it helps us as scrollers to feel a little better about ourselves.

Thanks Dick.  I can never put a price on some of my more intricate work, so I tend to give those away as well.  However, when I do receive financial gifts so I can make more toys to give away, I usually send a thank you gift, like a Welsh Love Spoon, or just recently one of my Christmas tree nativities.

I get more satisfaction from giving things away. I have no need, nor desire to sell things. Though people do come along and inquire about buying something, I just ask them to donate to my para-charity and I'll send it as a gift to them.

Below is one I am working on now.  I am just at the dry fit and testing the lighting.  Still need to do the final glue up and dip in linseed oil to bring out all the colors. I had an idea and ran with it, and from the initial design to having all the layers cut was about 2 - 2.5 hours. It's cut from Mahogany and Wenge. 

This will most likely go to the young man in which the cancer organization was founded by his mother.  She calls him "King David", and David and Goliath is one of my favorite Biblical stories.  I have a sermon I give on that story "Goliath couldn't buy his sneakers at Walmart". 

1.jpg

Edited by rafairchild2

My wife and I read our bible together every morning and every now and then as we are reading, I come across something I do not remember seeing even if I know we have read it a few times. I guess it has to have something to do with whatever the Lord knows I need to be reminded of.  I

I love your spirituality and the generosity you have for others by making all these nice thing to help someone in need to find a little happiness in your gifts to them.

Dick

heppnerguy