One of my favorite rolling toys to make. Simple, but a nice visual statement

rafairchild2

• rafairchild2 changed the title to One of my favorite rolling toys to make. Simple, but a nice visual statement

I grew up on the farm.  Love tractors.  My dad had 3 of therm, two John Deeres and one Ford.  I learned to drive the Ford when I was about 5 sitting on my day's lap and he let me guide it.  At about 6 1/2 I could drive it by myself.  At 7 I was working out in the field.  Wouldn't go over so good today.

Jerry

On 9/15/2024 at 3:13 PM, jerry walters said:

I grew up on the farm.  Love tractors.  My dad had 3 of therm, two John Deeres and one Ford.  I learned to drive the Ford when I was about 5 sitting on my day's lap and he let me guide it.  At about 6 1/2 I could drive it by myself.  At 7 I was working out in the field.  Wouldn't go over so good today.

Jerry

I grew up working one large horse ranch in our town in exchange for horse back riding lessons and riding any time I wanted.  My sister did the same thing.  Alas, the property got so valuable, it was eventually sold off to a Mosque and also housing developments where the homes are over $1 mil now.We also boarded horses at a local farm near our home.  I would work during hay season, taking hay bails putting them on the tractor wagon, then getting them in the hay loft.  Hard work!

12 hours ago, rafairchild2 said:

I grew up working one large horse ranch in our town in exchange for horse back riding lessons and riding any time I wanted.  My sister did the same thing.  Alas, the property got so valuable, it was eventually sold off to a Mosque and also housing developments where the homes are over $1 mil now.We also boarded horses at a local farm near our home.  I would work during hay season, taking hay bails putting them on the tractor wagon, then getting them in the hay loft.  Hard work!

I went to a small school, most of us kids were farm kids, and most of us could play sports because there was barely enough to make a team.  Our shcool did'nt have a weight room.  For most of us lifting the bales, 100 pound sack of potatoes or for the kids living on a dairy farm they got to lift those 10 gallon cans full of milk.  We got quite a workout, especially in the summer.