Woe is me! What to do?

OCtoolguy

I have a problem begging for an answer. I love making stuff. BUT, here's the problem. My wife informed me she has no room or need, for any more of my "creations". So the question is, what do you good people do with your stuff? I've given things to friends and family. Not sure if they need any more. I'm not into selling because I get bored making the same things over and over. Any suggestions?

Ray, that's a tough one, I am in same boat, wife not looking for anymore stuff. I will make some Christmas stuff but that's about it. like Dave said making and giving away I feel people just take to be nice. Maybe try making boxes everyone can use a small box to hold stuff, RJ

Another idea is become an expert pattern maker

Edited by rjweb

I don't think you "have to" make multiples of anything you make, especially if your not really worried about making profits etc. I will say it's much easier especially for online selling to sell the same stuff so multiples is pretty much a must do and saves a lot of work from creating all the listings and photos. 

You could look into local crafts shows and consignment shops. Donation centers etc.  

Or if you're into ornamental fires like me.. LOL

That’s exactly why I started doing a small craft show in my area. It is once a month, billed as a community yard sale.  Here is the backstory:

I saw a pattern (Steve Good probably) and I said that I wanted to make it.  My husband said, Where are you going to put it?  
Now, I make what I want, take it to the community sale and sell enough to pay for the cost of wood and miscellaneous. It’s just a hobby born from my addiction to scrolling. 

A few years ago, hubby said I had to start getting rid of my stuff.  I started doing a couple of sales a year.  I am not interested in doing more than that.  I will make a few multiples but not many.  I have some stuff that hasn't sold.  It was some of my earlier stuff so it shows.  I need to figure out a place to get rid of them too!

5 hours ago, Roberta Moreton said:

That’s exactly why I started doing a small craft show in my area. It is once a month, billed as a community yard sale.  Here is the backstory:

I saw a pattern (Steve Good probably) and I said that I wanted to make it.  My husband said, Where are you going to put it?  
Now, I make what I want, take it to the community sale and sell enough to pay for the cost of wood and miscellaneous. It’s just a hobby born from my addiction to scrolling. 

I'm sure if I did a search that I might find a craft show but they are scarce around me. So. Cal. is a strange place. Not like "small-town America. Everything is about the dollar. If I do find a show, I'm sure they would charge a fee to sell.