Yet another Memorial

flarud

16 hours ago, flarud said:

I got a buddy up in Kentucky, his Dad passed away earlier this year.  I was trying to come up with something that I could make for him.  I remember that his Dad used to be a Pilot several years back.  So I was texting with my buddy's wife and told her that I was thinking about cutting out a Cessna 182 which is what his Dad flew.  She liked the idea.  I got with our very own Munzieb and asked if he had a pattern for the 182.  He sent me back an awesome pattern and asked me if I had the tail number of the plane that he flew.  I sent some more texts to my buddy's wife and she was able to track it down.  Attached is the piece.  I have been  scrolling for several years and consider myself a pretty good scroller.  But I had a wake up call on this pattern!  Munzieb really makes it look easy and does some awesome cuts on his planes!  I really butchered his awesome pattern,, almost threw this piece away several times but I just kept cutting one hole after another.  I'm still not sure if I am gonna give it to him or not.  Looks like a 10 year old cut it out!  The tail number is cut from vinyl by my wife on her Cricut and so are the words "Fly High".  The piece needed something up in the top left corner, so I came up with "Fly High".  This is the first time that I have made a Floating Frame. It turned out ok I guess.  I used some Minwax Gel Chestnut stain on the frame and some Tung Oil on the BB plywood, with a few coats of spray Lacquer on the whole thing.    

PXL_20240922_231838677.thumb.jpg.d9b3d7f0e1bd6a96c5d6f40a9207d715.jpg    

Very nice.

20 hours ago, jerry walters said:

Oh Barry, give it to your friend.  I think your cutting is great.  Your friend will cherish it since you personalized it with the tail number of his dad's plane.  Don't be so rough on yourself.  

Jerry

Ya, I will more than likely give it to him.  I'm just getting tire of making memorial pieces.