Measure Twice

kmmcrafts

This came across my FB page.. I think some would make something similar if there were a pattern.. I found it funny.. I can see now many various versions of this in the bragging section in a few weeks, LOL.. 

My idea would be to make it a laser cut ornament and have a handsaw where I could personalize it with a name. Wish I was good at designing..  

460951442_122176345064220785_36345562312820377_n.jpg

That truly belongs in everyone's workshop and especially in mine!  I, at times, believe that my ruler and or tape measure moves what I measure  and mark by shorting the measure a 1/4 inch or more! I really thank there are gremlins in my shop at times doing and moving items I just put down and its not there when I need it, than just a few minutes later I find it in a different place!  I really like that sign and I may have to gather some already cut letters and make up one!

Erv 

25 minutes ago, redwine said:

That truly belongs in everyone's workshop and especially in mine!  I, at times, believe that my ruler and or tape measure moves what I measure  and mark by shorting the measure a 1/4 inch or more! I really thank there are gremlins in my shop at times doing and moving items I just put down and its not there when I need it, than just a few minutes later I find it in a different place!  I really like that sign and I may have to gather some already cut letters and make up one!

Erv 

Happens to the best of us, LOL..

The other day I was residing my well pump house. I was measuring with a T square and measured from the wrong side of it.. 1 side starts at number 1 and the other starts at 2"... needless to say my cut came out 2 inch too short.. LOL.. Then I had a piece that needed a cutout to go around the door.. not thinking I cut out on the wrong side so the piece fit perfect if I made the back of it the front, LOL.. Lucky those boo boos were small pieces and I didn't have to go pick up another sheet of siding.. I wouldn't of been too happy if that happened..