clanking noise?

codymo41

Also, remove the plastic cover under the table that covers the lower arm and take a look. If all looks good there, do like Kevin suggests and check the back. I had a loose nut on the rod and it sounded like the saw was going to self-destruct. If the nut is loose, put some Locktite on it and tighten it. Let us know what fixes it so we can all learn a little something.

Check the connecting link bearing between the 2 arms. It resembles a dog bone. The bearings (ball bearings) are very small and the bearings are sealed in with a plastic seal. It is poosable that earther the top or bottom has lost all the balls. That part is no longer available any where but there is a fix. Go to Eagle Router Bits (I believe that is the site but Eagle will get you close) and look for the list of bearing for routers and you can match up the right size for about $5 or so a peice. You can then take the connecting link and 2 new bearing to a machinest and have them replaced. these bearings are meant for high reving tools and are sealed with a steel cover. I have 2 of the links that I bought when the original one failed and one of the newer ones failed and thats when I decided to try the bearings. That was 3 years ago and the one I replaced with the newer bearing is still going strong. I spend a lot of time in the shop using the saw so it does work!!

Hope this will help.

Ervin